Sunday, February 3, 2008

Steampunk contest entry

Reasonably Clever is currently hosting a contest where you must build an impulse set based on the theme "Steampunk". It's the first contest that I've entered on the site, due to my miniscully small LEGO collection. You can find the comp here.

This is my entry.

It's of a factory scene, where a grinder or some kind of machine is being operated by a smilin' denizen of the age of steam. In accordance with the contest's rules, the set contains 45 pieces (which, coincidentelly, is my favourite number.) Out of the three areas, Playability, Creativity, and Steampunk Styling, I'm leaning heavily on Creativity to push me into the top seven. I mean, it's only Steampunkish due to the gears and it's too small to be a place for Minifigs.
I'd be pleased to get a "Well done", due to the fact it's probably pathetic compared to what others are entering. Meh.
Edit: Part list:
5 gears
5 of those blue half round half square Technic things
1 white bucketesque part
1 red bin
4 Minifig
1 Ground Piece
28 Wall Pieces
45 Parts in all

No comments: